Thursday, March 7, 2013

Spring Training: part 1

I arrived in Dunedin yesterday afternoon following an extremely early morning and most of the day in airports or on airplanes.  While I wasn't changing time zones, the super early wake up call (4:30am) made me feel as if I'm suffering a little bit from jet lag.  That said, I did sleep about 12 hours last night and feel ready and raring to go.

I decided today to head down to Sarasota, FL for today's Spring Training game versus the Baltimore Orioles.  It's about an hour and a half drive from Dunedin to Sarasota, one that I hear will be a beautiful drive in beautiful weather.  I also hear that Sarasota is pretty cool, so I'll get there a bit early, and stick around a bit after the game.

I chose this away game to head to primarily because of the four away games that the Jays will play while I'm in Florida, it was the closest and easiest to get a ticket for -- the Jays/Red Sox game next week is completely sold out already.

I'll start checking out the minor league complex tomorrow morning and I have tickets to 3 more Jays games at home in Dunedin.  I'll definitely post photos and I'll also try to take video when I'm at a good vantage point (not today).  I'll summarize the games that I attend, particularly focusing in on the players and how they perform and how they actually look.

The things that I'm actually looking forward to today are: a) with some of the biggest stars away at the World Baseball Classic, I'll be able to get a look at some of the lesser known guys; b) today's a road game, which means that the major league starters don't always go, so I'll be able to get a look at some of the lesser known guys; and c) It's BASEBALL!



No comments:

Post a Comment